UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2011 including SSC (Women Non-Technical) Course
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2011 on 13th February, 2011 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy amd Air force Academy for the Cources commencing in January, 2011 and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the cources (Men and Women) commencing in April, 2012.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun : 250 posts
- Naval Academy, Goa : 40 posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad : 32 posts
- Officers Training Academy , Chennai : 175 posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women) : 25 posts
Conditions of Eligibility
(A) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- For Indian Millitary Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January 1993 only are eligible.
- For Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC Naval wing ‘C’ certificate holders) and not later than 1st January 1993 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January 1993 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (Unmarried or Married) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January 1993 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy – SSC (Women Non- Technical) Course : (a) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divercees (in possession of diveorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January, 1993.
(B) Educational Qualifications:
- For Indian Millitary Academy and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised university or equivalent.
- For Naval Academy : B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Candidates who are studying in final year Degree Course and yet to pass final year degree examination or equivalent examination can also apply for the Examination, but they will be required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination or equivalent examination by the specified dates.
(C) Physical Standards: candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2011 as prescribed in the detailed advertisement.
Application form: The candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the commission for its examination, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/-.
Fee : Rs. 100/- through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fees. OBC candidates are required to pay full fees. Those who are applying online, required to pay Rs.50/- either in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking of SBI or by using Credit/ Debit card.
How to Apply : Offline – All applicants must reach the “SController of Examination, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur house, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069” either by hand or by Post/Speed Post only or by Courier, on or before 25th October, 2010.
Online – Candidate can also apply online at http://upsconline.nic.in/ upto 25/10/2010 11.59 pm.
Complete datails and other information are available at the commission website at Click Here.
(Get latest updates regarding govt jobs, bank jobs & vacancies in intellegence bureau & PSU by Subscribing to Sarkarinaukriya via E-mail)