Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Indian Oil)
Last Date For Receiving Application : 13th February 2010
Applications are invited for Sarkari Naukri at the post of Engineers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
- Chemical Engg (Including Petrochemicals engineering)
- Civil Engg
- Electrical Engg
- Instrumentation Engg (Including Electronics &
- Instrumentation engg but excluding Electronics &
- Communication / Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/
- Manufacturing/ Industrial engineering)
- Metallurgical Engg
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure for this Government Job / Sarkari Naukri is mentioned below:
Educational Qualification For This Sarkari Naukri / Government Job:
Candidates with bachelor’s degree in engg/tech in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes may apply for this Sarkari Naukri or Government Job.
Candidates (General and OBC category) should have secured min 65% marks in qualifying degree exams. It is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Candidates currently in final year of their engg studies may also apply. However, if selected in this Sarkari Naukari, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st July 2010.
Age Limit For This Sarkari Naukri Or Government Job:
Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2010 for the General candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PH candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Concessions/ Relaxations For This Sarkari Naukri / Government Job
Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PH(degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives. Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PH candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category:
o The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ’Central list of other Backward Classes’
o The candidates must not belong to creamy layer.
o The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India. Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989. Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India. Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
Physical Fitness For This Sarkari Naukri / Government Job
Desirous candidates seeking employment with Indian Oil needs to be medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link: Click Here
Selection, Training and Placement : The selection methodology will comprise of the following: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2010 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with Indian Oil are required to appear in GATE-2010 in the same disciplines. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below:
Chemical Engineering (Incl. Petrochemicals) CH; Civil Engineering CE; Electrical Engineering EE; Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecom. engineering)IN; Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial)ME; Metallurgical EngineeringMT;.
On the basis of GATE-2010 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process of this sarkari naukri comprising of: GD /Group Task Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection in this Sarkari Job. Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation. General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.1,00,000 (Rs.25000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training).
Remuneration Package For This Sarkari Naukri / Government Job
Engineers/ Officers Candidates selected as engineers/officers will receive a provisional starting basic pay of Rs.23000/-per month.
In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time.
Other allowances / benefits include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, performance related pay, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, house building advance(HBA), conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, professional updation allowance, lap-top computer, children’s education allowance etc. as per rules.
The Cost-to-Company (CTC), in case of a metro city posting, will be around Rs. 7.60 lakhs p.a inclusive of performance related pay (PRP) Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs). Candidates selected as GAEs for one-year apprenticeship training will be paid consolidated stipend @ Rs.20,000/- per month. Upon successful completion of apprenticeship training, they may be appointed as engineers in the scale of pay referred above.
How to apply For This Sarkari Naukri / Indian Government Job
1. GATE-2010 is scheduled on 14th February 2010. For detailed information on GATE-2010, interested candidates may log on to Here or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.2. Candidates need to purchase the GATE application form as per the information provided in GATE-2010 websites. They should fill-in and submit the GATE application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
3. The candidates will receive their GATE-2010 registration number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply in Indian Oil on-line. The relevant link will be made available from 11th Janaury’2010 at the ‘People & Career’ link of Indian Oil website www.iocl.com. 4. Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2010 registration number.
5. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
6. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE application form. In case the candidate called for GD/GT and interview, he/she should come with this printed application form, along with GATE-2010 admit card and GATE-2010 official score card.
The last date for receiving application On-Line is 13th February 2010